The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Window Washer Jets

Window Washer Jets

by ayr41 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:14 pm
Has anyone got a picture they could post on this thread to position the two window washer jets, I'm a bit nervous of drilling two holes in the wrong place on my 64 split camper when fitting the washer kit, many thanks Stephen.
ayr41

Re: Window Washer Jets

by richandsue » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:43 pm
best i could do tonight. they are both the same distance in toward the centre approx 50mm. Image oh this is on a 67 van. don't know if earlier vans are different. :cheers:
richandsue
SSVC Member

by beetleben » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:14 pm
Did your bus have washers originally? Does it need them? Possibly fit them in the vents at the top to save drilling? Just an idea
beetleben

by ayr41 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:13 pm
many thanks richardsue, no never had them fitted, I will get the cover off on Monday and have a look into the grill idea, many thanks for the response Regards Stephen
ayr41

by beetleben » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:14 pm
When I got my last bus, 15w with factory safaris, I had the same thoughts of fitting washer jets. In the end I figured I don't need them as they're not required for the mot and I'd clean it often anyway.
The bus i have now has washers and I've not used them once
beetleben

by e m p i » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:20 pm
For the amount of times you'll use them I personally wouldn't bother. For the mot you could just fit some pipes to the overhead peak with cable ties then have them rigged up to a squeezy bottle under the dash. Unless you have safari screens in which case just open them for the mot and you don't need washers at all.

Cheers, Lee.
e m p i