The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Retrosound Radio

Retrosound Radio

by frenzydude » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:19 pm
Thinking of fitting a Retrosound radio in my 67 ( with rectangular radio cut out). Which faceplate do you think would be the best one for the bus. Any pics would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
frenzydude
-

Re: Retrosound Radio

by richandsue » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 pm
couldn't bear the thought of cutting my dash for a radio so fitted mine between the dash and the lower shelf. that way you can fit whichever front you like. and change if you don't like it without doing any damage. :cheers:
richandsue
-

by frenzydude » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:35 pm
Have one already below the shelf but want to fit one in the original position. Retrosound will fit into original hole but not sure which faceplate will look best.
frenzydude
-

by flatbeat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:11 pm
They do a chrome bus face plate for later buse which is nice. Don't fit the Beetle on with the little chrome strips that line up with the ones on the dash...looks naff.
flatbeat
-

by Alex VW Heritage » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm
Presuming you have ivory knobs on your dash:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC999RS ... ire-knobs/

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC999RS ... two-ivory/

We will be getting some of these radio's in hopefully in 3 weeks time :wink:
Alex VW Heritage
-

by Doka Dave » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 pm
I've got one of these in my DC (I'll upload a pic later)
As my van has a chrome and ivory "theme" running through it I went with the chrome fascia and ivory buttons and I think it looks ace.
Great radio too, easy to fit - nice and small enough to fit in a standard small radio blank.
If only they did a DAB version......
Doka Dave
-

by geocamper1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:45 pm
Here's mine,
And this is where I placed the microphone,
geocamper1
-

by Evil Sid » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:33 am
Doka Dave wrote:
If only they did a DAB version......

Have a look at Tadpole Radios, they do a DAB option and rather than using a new stereo they retrofit their system into an old radio, or use the old radio to drive a modern Sony headunit. The latter is very smart for a camper as you can have the Sony stereo in the back somewhere for when your camping and the classic radio up front for when you're driving

Shame they're so expensive!
Evil Sid
-