The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Where do i start looking?

Where do i start looking?

by walshy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:22 pm
So ive lost the screen washers and horn (van has been rewired last year) had a look at the fuse box and a fuse has blown,stuck a new one in and it popped straight away without anything being switched on!

So where do I start?
walshy
-

Re: Where do i start looking?

by maddison » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm
i may be wrong…but if your horn was shorting out, the thing would beeeeeeep constantly, so i would be looking at the wipers wiring first

have you been fiddling behind the dash, maybe one of the spades has come off the wiper switch ???
maddison
-

by nige1171 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:39 pm
You have a short. A break in the wire or similar.

Trace the wires from each affected fitting, looking for pinch points, breaks etc

Nige
nige1171
-

by walshy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:05 pm
Ok seems that the horn could be the problem,ive disconnected it and the fuse doesn't pop and now the washers work fine.Anyone tell me where the wire goes after it comes inside??
walshy
-

by Eternal Optimist » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:32 am
Have you got a wiring diagram?

From memory, live feed from the fuse box to the horn, the other wire from the horn goes up the steering column to the horn push which then completes the circuit by earthing the horn. Your short circuit will be on the supply side between the horn and the fusebox.
Eternal Optimist
-

by walshy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:40 am
Cheers E O ,I only had a quick look before I had to do my housewife duties of cooking dinner.Im thinking of putting an aftermarket horn on the bus anyway so just wanted to trace the wires out.
walshy
-