The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Help!! Van won't start

Help!! Van won't start

by geocamper1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Moved the van out of the garage this morning and everything was fine. Started on the button then moved it onto the drive. I then went to put it back in the garage this evening and when I went to turn the key there was nothing. Checked the battery, Connections,Earth to the battery and fuses and everything looks fine. Never had this problem before. Any suggestions?
geocamper1
SSVC Member

Re: Help!! Van won't start

by DOUGAL » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:11 pm
When you turned the key was there nothing at all - not even the lights on the speedo came on?
Ignition switch?
Earth lead of the starter motor?

Gertjan
DOUGAL
SSVC Member

by VioletVW » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:41 pm
Check the wires to and from the headlight switch. Have had a similar issue and it appears that my switch is dodgy. Switch on sidelights and try turning over the engine.
VioletVW
SSVC Member

by etiennevert » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:32 pm
When this happened to me it turned out to be ignition switch. Was able to give it a wiggle for a while to get a connection but since swapping it out for a new one its been spot on.
etiennevert
SSVC Member