The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

silly wednesday nite question

silly wednesday nite question

by ernie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:47 pm
Hi all,

Sorry for the silly question, but how do you get the headlamp bezel off, and the headlight out?

I wanted to remove a dent from the bezel & fancy fitting some checkered vinyl on the inside of the headlamp.

I have tried turning the small screws in the bezel itself but they just keep turning round & I cannot seem to get to the back of them?

probably a really easy job, just never done it before.

Thanks
ernie

Re: silly wednesday nite question

by 8 8US » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:50 pm
Have you got the headlamp off the bus?

If so the little prongs that attach to the little screws just pull out of the rubber bungs, if you haven't undo the big screw that goes straight into the bus.
8 8US
SSVC Member

by OP » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:54 pm
A single flat head bolt on the outside of the rim. The ones you're turning are the adjusters ;) Undo the bolt and it should just lift out and off the tab on the opposite side.
OP
SSVC Member

by e m p i » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:02 am
Once it's off the bus to strip it all down as said above, prise the two prongs out of the rubber bungs and there should also be (I think) seven W shaped bits of wire that are wedged under the lip of the rim then against the reflector housing. There are usually only two or three of these though :lol: Watch your eyes as you ping them out and your temper as you try to put them back in....

Cheers, Lee.
e m p i

by type21f » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:12 pm
7....Yes. ..
type21f
SSVC Member

by beetleben » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:48 pm
Strongly suggest wearing eye protection when removing the w shape bits of wire at the back of the headlight. They could easily blind you if you're not careful
beetleben

by ernie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:34 pm
Thanks guys - I did undo the big flat headed screw & pulled the lamp a little but it does not budge.

Just wanted to make sure there was nothing else holding it in before I gave it a bit more force.
ernie

by ernie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:34 pm
will do that when I next get the bus out & report back
ernie