The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Clutch and gear problem

Clutch and gear problem

by 58splitty » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:36 pm
Hi everyone,

On the way back from an 80 mile trip, i seem to have developed an issue. I noticed a slight sqeal from the gearbox and then my clutch started to stamp and some times judder on clutch control. Then a little later i started to lose my forth gear, or just couldnt get it in. The coupling looks fine still.

Any ideas of what this could be, do i need a new clutch? New gearbox mounts? What can i look for?

Could they be linked, they seem to hapen together?

Many thanks

Karl
58splitty

Re: Clutch and gear problem

by ted698 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:01 pm
Hmmm - sounds like clutch release bearing to me if you can feel it through the pedal.

If the clutch is'nt clearing properly that will give you selection issues - but normally 1st & 2nd are worst for that (lower geared)
So check your cable too.

I've had my clutch cable 'unwind' itself on long motorway journeys before now - a turn of two of the nut and its fine again.
ted698
SSVC Member

Re: Clutch and gear problem

by 58splitty » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:57 pm
Ill give it a look and update here later. Thank you
58splitty