The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Vintage speed help advice needed

Vintage speed help advice needed

by gin23deluxe » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:00 pm
Hi guys im thinking of building a vintage speed motor, I have a spare early from a barndoor turn key 36 hp motor and as my motor is wrong in the oval its a 58, im looking to build an okrasa style motor, i have an abarth exhaust and nice 010 distributor, ideally want to build a big bore 1500
any parts wanted top end kit crank etc
My knowledge is a little limited on 36 hp motors, built plenty of stock and performance later twin and single port motors.
What are the combinations on what you can use, can you use later crank, cam, barrel and pistons and later heads, i would like to build a 1500 using the original 36hp pedestal case any one here built anything similar or recommend anyone to help out
cheers mark hopley
gin23deluxe

Re: Vintage speed help advice needed

by gin23deluxe » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:53 pm
wow no one s got any ideas or a clue
gin23deluxe

Re: Vintage speed help advice needed

by beetleseb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 pm
Hi

Lots of info on the samba, worth a look

Very little fits from a later engine. They are great fun to work on and parts are getting easier to find but its gonna get expensive quickly

You can get og cranks welded and reground or use a porsche 356 one or you can buy a new 69mm one from wolfsburg west

Good luck
beetleseb