The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Pics of 3/4 Rusty Lee R&R Fitted in LHD Bus

Pics of 3/4 Rusty Lee R&R Fitted in LHD Bus

by Astronought » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:16 pm
Hi,
Could someone please post some pictures of a 3/4 R&R bed fitted in an early LHD bus. It's the mounting points I'm interested in as I'm struggling to fit the bed which I've had for years. Maybe LHD and RHD are different and mines not LHD but without something to compare it's difficult to know. Are the fittings for early and late buses all the same.

Thanks
Astronought
SSVC Member

Re: Pics of 3/4 Rusty Lee R&R Fitted in LHD Bus

by susta » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:46 pm
there all the same, look at the assembled picture on his website, put yours altogether, place it in the bus, get the front frame vertical . And off you go, he does supply a plate to bolt onto rivnuts for the firewall because access around the fuel tank is tricky, pah!! just use a coupe of socket extensions.
I was a bit perplexed at first, but its a doddle
susta
SSVC Member

by Astronought » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:12 pm
Hi,
Thanks for the response, it clears up the questions, I'll take a look at his site.

Cheers
Astronought
SSVC Member

by Astronought » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:45 pm
Could still do with a couple of pics as even the website pics are not that specific/clear.

Cheers
Astronought
SSVC Member