The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Sidewinder for Heat Exchangers. Questions...

Sidewinder for Heat Exchangers. Questions...

by yachtybugger » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:52 am
Chaps, are there any more options for a sidewinder style exhaust system that fits heat exchangers other than A1 and CSP?

Numerous searches throw up that VW speed shop do one but its not listed on their website as far as I've found. Are they discontinued?

And before I place an order direct to the USA, does anyone stock A1's in the UK/Europe? Numerous searches would suggest not!

Thanks In advance :wink:
yachtybugger
SSVC Member

Re: Sidewinder for Heat Exchangers. Questions...

by flatbeat » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:55 am
Turbo Thomas will make you a lovely system with heat. His was the best hideaway system I ever had. The slim line sump sat lower than any part of the system.
However, I thought I saw one on the VW Speedshop website last week though. They've redesigned the tailpipe angle to reduce resonance on buses.
flatbeat
SSVC Member

by yachtybugger » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:07 am
Thanks flatbeat, I remembered TT just after I posted the above and emailed him ;-) Have you got any pics of your TT exhaust?
And just for your info, VWSS has discontinued the sidewinder header for heat exchangers but still do the other type.
yachtybugger
SSVC Member

by flatbeat » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:28 pm
yachtybugger wrote:Thanks flatbeat, I remembered TT just after I posted the above and emailed him ;-) Have you got any pics of your TT exhaust?
And just for your info, VWSS has discontinued the sidewinder header for heat exchangers but still do the other type.

Cool :D It was about 8-9 yrs ago I had the TT system and the only pics were on an old phone...
The bus is still around owned by Bunda on the forum. Well known bus...the Arcomobil.
It was/is a lovely system with big bore HE's that worked brilliantly...very warm.

I know Rich (TT) is not the cheapest but I remember he was cheaper than CSP at the time...
His number is 07817 602239....just in case he's a it slow with the email replies :wink:

Nige
flatbeat
SSVC Member

by yachtybugger » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:29 pm
:lol: I just spoke to him on the phone
All sorted. Sending him some CSP heat exchangers and dry sump oil pump (for mock up purposes) and he's making me a sidewinder style header as tucked as possible and a muffler to match :thumbright:
yachtybugger
SSVC Member

by flatbeat » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:47 pm
:D Cool...all sorted then :thumbup:
flatbeat
SSVC Member

by ted698 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:55 pm
I don't know why VW speedshop have stopped making the sidewinder for heat exchangers as several people have asked about them since, and I was considering one myself.....
ted698
SSVC Member