The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Clutch adjustment?

Clutch adjustment?

by 58and60 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:52 pm
I know I should know this, but I get a mental block every time I come to do this as it always seems counter intuitive ! If the clutch is biting in the middle of the pedal travel how do I adjust it. Which way do I turn the nut on the cable by the box (tighten or slacken) if I want it to bite lower to the floor or higher up.
In my case the clutch is engaging / dis engaging close to the floor and I want it to bite higher in its travel. It's a new clutch but is not adjusted correctly. I could do trial and error I realise, but it's a faff to do it so would rather grovel under the bus just the once!
58and60
SSVC Member

Re: Clutch adjustment?

by rodntod » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:05 pm
If it's biting too near the floor then you need to adjust it up(tighten it)
rodntod

Re: Clutch adjustment?

by e m p i » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:10 pm
As above, do the wingnut up, clockwise as you look from the back to the front. If you carry a spare cable, always a good idea to carry a spare wingnut as well because Sod's law says when the cable breaks (rare I know) you'll never be able to find the end bit with the nut still on it.

Cheers, Lee.
e m p i