The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

JIC fuel line fittings?

JIC fuel line fittings?

by 65babylonbus » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:27 pm
Hi all..

Im just doing a bit of armchair shopping for my winter engine project, I want to use Jic Fuel fittings through out from the tank to the twin 44's, Would anyone that has done this, would they have a list of the fittings needed and rough dimensions of sizes? I've got a 2276 with rotary fuel pump so far and a set of weber 44 idfs, I've got lots of r9 and r6 around but wanted to use the ptfe and ideally black fittings if anyone has a link...

thanks

J
65babylonbus
SSVC Member

Re: JIC fuel line fittings?

by tufty65 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:00 am
look on torques website everything you need is there, its a custom fitting exercise so each system is different, for instance I use AN-8 Teflon hose for EFi so you just match the fitting size to suit the size hose you use, at a guess for carbs/low pressure fuel lines I would use AN-6 hose and fittings but I would do a bit of research or match the internal size of your existing hose to the AN/JIC size.
tufty65

by gazpilot » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:50 pm
Ok I may get slated but here goes.

I've used AN-6 with Teflon pipes from tank to carbs and it wasn't cheap. Got all I needed from the above mentioned eBay seller.

From concept tank I used a 90' elbow

Push on fittings for the CB rotary pump

Straight AN-6 connectors through a bulkhead connection

AN-6 through Malpassi filter king

Then T'd off to carbs with AN-6 banjos. I've used elbows at each bend as a precaution as this is where the pipes tend to perish.

And all finished off with a firetec.

gazpilot
SSVC Member

by tufty65 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:08 pm
That's a brilliant example of what to do and use and it looks very nice too, much better than rubber hoses.
tufty65

by 65babylonbus » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 pm
Ah thanks for your replys! Yes thats pretty much where I've been looking for them I've just been holding off getting i did see a package on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AN-6-AN6-6-AN ... D100278%26
But I'm always bit dubious of getting important bits off eBay, I'm going to have a good think about exactly whats needed. and get cracking, il see about getting some pics up along the way!

RE the Pipe, would you recommend, Teflon braided PTFE or Nylon braided? I love both of your guys set ups and hope I get something close Myself!, Thanks again

J
65babylonbus
SSVC Member

by tufty65 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:27 pm
65babylonbus wrote:Ah thanks for your replys! Yes thats pretty much where I've been looking for them I've just been holding off getting i did see a package on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AN-6-AN6-6-AN ... D100278%26
But I'm always bit dubious of getting important bits off eBay, I'm going to have a good think about exactly whats needed. and get cracking, il see about getting some pics up along the way!

RE the Pipe, would you recommend, Teflon braided PTFE or Nylon braided? I love both of your guys set ups and hope I get something close Myself!, Thanks again

J
I've just come across your message on fb messenger!

I'd stay clear of that fabric coloured nylon stuff and use ptfe braided hose, it's what most drag racers etc use for fuel lines as it compatible with any type of fuel including methanol plus it's not pourus like rubber fuel lines.
You must use ptfe fittings with ptfe hose, they're about £7 each not cheap but your fuel lines will never leak!
Use torques on eBay he stocks everything you'll need or hose fittings uk is another
tufty65

by gazpilot » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 pm
Yep what tufty said, I've used Teflon ptfe pipe and fittings from torques_uk. Make sure you order the Teflon fittings not the fastflow ones.

Grant
gazpilot
SSVC Member

by flatbeat » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:50 pm
Check out SpeedFlow....got a great selection of all the various hoses and AN fittings and a whole load more....
flatbeat
SSVC Member