The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

new fuel tank

new fuel tank

by tonygnu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:15 pm
I have an aftermarket fuel tank in my bus.but it's not a very good fit, to be honest it's .... ! When it was sat in the bus it was sat on pieces of wood to get the neck to clear the wheel arch, and at the filling point it sat too high, which meant the rubber seal sat too high creating a large gap in the plate hole at the bottom. I had to fight with the whole lot just to remove it from my bus. I know you can get 2 priced tanks which are aftermarket, do any of them fit properly. Or is my tank the wrong one ? On my last bus I took the tank out which was original to the bus.and there was no problem there ?
tonygnu
SSVC Member

Re: new fuel tank

by Who.Me? » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 pm
The Wolfsburg West tank fits fine. There are other aftermarket tanks where the filler neck is wrong, so the neck needs cutting and welding. I had no problem with the Wolfsburg West tank though.
Who.Me?
SSVC Member

by tonygnu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:16 am
OK. Cheers, I will have a look. I did think about cutting and welding it. I've washed it out twice, but apprehensive about doing it !
tonygnu
SSVC Member

by ted698 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:53 pm
If it's just the neck that needs welding fill your main tank with water.....
ted698
SSVC Member

by tonygnu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:03 pm
OK. Cheers Ted will try that.
tonygnu
SSVC Member