The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Side pop out seals which way round?

Side pop out seals which way round?

by Red Devil » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 am
I'm hoping someone can help tell me which way round the seals go on side pop out windows.
IMG_0799.JPG
IMG_0799.JPG (12.12 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
In the picture above I've always assumed the left side was the inside profile and the right the outside so that the extra rubber that protrudes provides cover over the frame/screw holes. However, opening the windows is so hard that I've broken catches before. This week I was told this is because my seals are the wrong way round. Before I change them all can someone confirm?

Ignore the red circle I've just borrowed the photo from elsewhere.

Thanks
Red Devil
SSVC Member

Re: Side pop out seals which way round?

by Red Devil » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:43 am
Fair play, I've just tried it the other way around and it is so much better in terms of opening and closing and the seals still look good. It would be helpful to confirm however as I suspect there are many of us that have had the same thoughts and issues.

Cheers

Steve
Red Devil
SSVC Member

Re: Side pop out seals which way round?

by mark-s » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 am
I don't think your seals are the wrong way round, I just checked the original one one my van. I have a new one too and yes, it is hard to open.
mark-s
SSVC Member