The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Gear selection

Gear selection

by Rich W » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:48 pm
Help, really struggling to get gear selection after trying all ways for couple of weeks on and off. Berg shifter, new rods and bushes, IRS gearbox with new nosecone, will start to make progress tighten bolts try again and lost selection, usually trouble with 2nd and 4th. Any advice appreciated.
Rich W
SSVC Member

Re: Gear selection

by JonnyCJ » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:26 am
Where’s your front rod from ? I had issues with my bus for months with a repro rod. Turns out the profile was different to an OG.

PPP (Pat on here) sorted me out with a brand new OG and cured all my headaches in one go.
JonnyCJ
SSVC Member

by mjknight71 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:46 pm
Had to elongate the holes on my Berg shift so it could twist slightly to get all gears. Initially it was fine but after a couple of thousand miles I struggled with 1st.....been fine since. Similar set up to you.....
mjknight71

by Rich W » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 pm
Rods came from Autocraft and seemed to be the same, may look opening out the holes to see if it helps, thanks.
Rich W
SSVC Member

by flatbeat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:37 pm
Are you sure you've got the rear coupler fitted properly ? Reach under the back of the bus and grab the coupler and try twisting....any movement and the grub screws not seated properly. Find the centre position and tighten up the screws Its an easy thing to check and a little play makes a big difference to gear selection.
flatbeat
SSVC Member

by Rich W » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm
Thanks for that, will give it a try as not had chance to do anything with it over the last week.
Rich W
SSVC Member