The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Weber 34ict’s on a 1500 sp?

Weber 34ict’s on a 1500 sp?

by russbmx » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:23 pm
Hi all,
I’m getting close to fitting my engine (1500 sp) I have done a straight axel conversion using a 1300 bug box and I will be running 185 65 15 tyres on the rear...
Now I’m wondering do I keep a single carb or do I go for a set of 34ict’s. Iv never driven the split or a 1500... My old bay had a 1600 sp I contemplated the Weber’s for that but never got around to it.
I’m not expecting quicker speeds but wondered if the twins will make much difference when it comes to hills etc?
I do plan to build a devon interior for it as well.
Any info, advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Russ

The bus.....
russbmx

Re: Weber 34ict’s on a 1500 sp?

by Stevep » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am
russbmx wrote:Hi all,
I’m getting close to fitting my engine (1500 sp) I have done a straight axel conversion using a 1300 bug box and I will be running 185 65 15 tyres on the rear...
Now I’m wondering do I keep a single carb or do I go for a set of 34ict’s. Iv never driven the split or a 1500... My old bay had a 1600 sp I contemplated the Weber’s for that but never got around to it.
I’m not expecting quicker speeds but wondered if the twins will make much difference when it comes to hills etc?

Cheers
Russ

The bus.....
Hi russ, I run a solex 34 pict4 on my 1641 tp and is fine, I think twin carbs will give you a bit more power but require more attention (balancing etc)I never need to touch my carb once it’s set up correct. Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevep
SSVC Member

by russbmx » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:05 pm
Stevep wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am
russbmx wrote:Hi all,

Cheers
Russ

The bus.....
Hi russ, I run a solex 34 pict4 on my 1641 tp and is fine, I think twin carbs will give you a bit more power but require more attention (balancing etc)I never need to touch my carb once it’s set up correct. Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Steve
Cheers for your reply. Ideally looking for info on a 1500 sp with twin 34’s. I was thinking about a slightly larger single carb mainly as I don’t have what the engine is supposed to have haha
russbmx

by BJ1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 am
Twin ICTs work well on a 1500sp but the sp monifolds may need some work to get them sealing well, as they are not the best quality. I've run ICTs on 1500sp engines but Dell FRDs are much better, smoother acceleration and easier to set up. You will get a good power increase but slightly higher fuel consumption with ICTs.
BJ1
SSVC Member