The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

6v to 12v relays?

6v to 12v relays?

by russbmx » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:05 pm
I’m looking for some electrical advice as I’m pretty clueless when it comes to electrical!

I have a 62 us bus (project)
The original loom was pulled out as soon as I picked it up and purchased a Vw loons loom which is now in the bus but only partially connected up.
I’m converting to 12v but I’m not sure which relays I need? I still have the original 6v relays which I will post photos of below. If anyone could point me in the right direction with a link or part number etc I would be extremely grateful! The new loom has wiring for uk spec rear lights, I’m not sure if that makes much difference but worth mentioning.

Also, my bus has 2 holes in the dash to the right of the clocks and the wiring diagram says it has a hazard switch but there was no switch when it arrived and most people Iv spoken to have said it shouldn’t have a hazard switch?

It’s all very confusing 8O

As always any help will be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Russ
russbmx

Re: 6v to 12v relays?

by vwJim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:58 pm
You need 12v relays relative to your year etc.

Hazards came in on different years depending on where the bus was built for. Even if it wasn't OG, as you have the hole anyway, keep hazards, good to have in the future.
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

Re: 6v to 12v relays?

by henk » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 am
Think hazard switch was also mostly on US busses.

Henk!!!
henk