The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

69 Split Screen - rear bearing cover

69 Split Screen - rear bearing cover

by molmeister » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:34 pm
Firstly thanks for the ad d - always wanted a SS and picked up a 69 Brazilian in need of some TLC.
A few “hours” later I’ve removed both Rear Bearing Covers and noted gouge marks and heavy rusting inside the covers themselves. Bottom line is I like to replace both - problem
Is does anyone actually sell/reproduce them? I’ve tried many of the usual culprits all to no avail so I wonder if there is any nugget suppliers out there? I’m anticipating 69 Split is the same as a 67.
Any help would be appreciated to get Pedro back on the road. Cheers All (in advance) - and again thanks for add.
molmeister

Re: 69 Split Screen - rear bearing cover

by molmeister » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:12 am
Long shot - not only are the covers seemingly impossible to source so are the four bearing cover bolts (albeit these are also referred to as rear cover retaining screws)...any ideas, anyone :)

Cheers All
molmeister