The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Mirror arm pin removal

Mirror arm pin removal

by Prietolium » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:26 pm
Hi Guys, I wonder if anybody be has the pin removal tool near Bristol area that I can borrow/hire please
Otherwise could anybody point me in the best direction. I’ve spraying wd40 for a week and isn’t moving
Thank you in advance
Jose
Prietolium
SSVC Member

Re: Mirror arm pin removal

by Mart » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 pm
Hi

theres a link on ebay for the tool I think he hires it out, send him a message.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-beetle-sp ... SwiolcgtEe

Mart
Mart
SSVC Committee Member

by Blackcountrybob » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:15 pm
I improvised and used my Screwfix "Titan" sds drill/breaker with a point chisel on breaker/hammer mode (no rotation). I welded 2 nuts together and screwed them onto the bottom of the arm thread to protect the threads and these then also located the point of the chisel. A brief press on the trigger and out they popped! I guess any impact chisel would work if you could keep it centred on the bottom of the arm without jumping off and damaging your paintwork.
Blackcountrybob
SSVC Member

by Prietolium » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:25 am
Thank you guys. I ended buying the tool. I know it is over £100 but it took 10min to remove the broken pin.
I’m planning to remove the other mirror arm as I am swapping then for stainless steel ones then the tool will be for sale
Prietolium
SSVC Member