The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Monroe Air Shocks

Monroe Air Shocks

by leeco10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi all, I'm looking to tub my bus using Trailer Queen Tubs but in addition I'm looking to raise it slightly.

It has flipped spindles and an adjustable beam but even at its highest point its pretty low, lower than the spindles alone should be, so probably saggy springs.
I also travel on ferries from time to time and have traded paint on he ramps of these, so I toyed with fitting adjustable coil overs then a friend mentioned the Monroe air shocks.
I know this will probably put extra load on the shock mounts but figure they'll take it.
I'm not looking to Bag it as I'm content with all aspects of driving it, just need something to raise it a wee bit without too much fettling.

TIA
Brian
leeco10

Re: Monroe Air Shocks

by joannedoyle » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:24 am
I have the Monroe air shocks on the front. I put them on due to a steep drive and forever touching up the paint on the bumper. It only lifts a few inches but does the job. I originally had them on a cigarette lighter Socket powered tyre pump connected to a valve on the included air lines. I have since fitted a tank and control panel. I love the way it rides and is very practical for speed bumps etc.
Simon
joannedoyle
SSVC Member

by leeco10 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 pm
Thanks for the the reply, do you know what model you purchased?
Is the ride any harsher with them?
I'm not looking for masses of lift, just enough to make practical and sounds like this could be a solution.
leeco10

by joannedoyle » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:05 am
Just looked through old emails and found they are MA 785. Fitted to king and link pin . Hope this helps
joannedoyle
SSVC Member