The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

empi 5's/ CSP brakes wheel nuts/studs Q

empi 5's/ CSP brakes wheel nuts/studs Q

by Sam » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:33 am
Got me some shiny new american eagle empi 5's:

I have CSP disk brakes on the front and the wheel studs do not seem to stick up too far into the wheel:

What wheel hardware do I need at the front?

I guess the empi's are deeper in the middle section than a stock steel wheel, and i'm going to encounter a similar issue at the back with my drums (need long bolts).

Cheers, Sam
Sam
-

Re: empi 5's/ CSP brakes wheel nuts/studs Q

by pgj0hns0n » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:46 am
nice rims. Can I ask where you got them from?
pgj0hns0n
-

by JJ46 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:45 am
I had the same problem with my flat 4 sprint stars, i ordered 10 mm longer studs and bolts from machine 7, problem solved
JJ46
-

by Sam » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:40 am
The came from CiP1 in the States

I was hoping not have to change the wheel studs on the front as i think they are locktite-d in quite strongly?

How did you go getting them out?
Sam
-

by dubbus56 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:53 am
They'll come out, just loctite the new ones in too.
It's a quick enough job, as said above some aftermarket wheels are just that little bit thicker so need a longer stud.
Ben
dubbus56
-

by Sam » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:37 pm
Are the studs anything special? Like, are they readily available and do they have the same thread on either end?

Thanks for help so far, much appreciated ;)
Sam
-

by dubbus56 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:58 pm
No they are slightly thicker on the bit in the hub if I remember rightly. They go in with an allen key, and just loctite them in place. Where did you get the csp brakes from? They should be able to supply you the longer studs, it's a fairly common thing. If you have problems let me know I'll get some for you and send them over. Shipping will be a bit though from UK I guess.
dubbus56
-

by Sam » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:22 pm
The brakes came from CSP in germany so i've emailed them with pics to see what they say... but ill PM you if i need those studs ;)
Sam
-