The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive >

Slammin' Drivers door !!

Slammin' Drivers door !!

by Jaffa64 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:09 pm
Hi ALL

Anyone got a solution to my LHD Drivers door, it won't close fully without really slammin', is it just the strike plate or something else :?:

thanks

Jaffa64
:!:
Jaffa64
-

Re: Slammin' Drivers door !!

by Jaffa64 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:05 pm
Can't believe nobody can help on this one! :!:

any joy? :?:

anyone? :?:

Thanks

Jaffa64
:bigsmurf:
Jaffa64
-

by vwjim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 pm
Has it just started? Or 'always' done it?

Could be the striker plate in the wrong place. Or hinge bolts loose so the door has moved, or just sagged from worn hinge pins. Or new / incorrect / aftermarket door rubbers stopping the door closing properly. Or top window frame in wrong / loose stopping the door closing properly.

When it is slammed shut, are the door gaps correct? Is the door nice and flush? Could be a few things.
vwjim
-

by de-inked » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 pm
all of the above....

.... also: are they original door handles? the ones on my bus were naff non-originals and they really knarled my doors bad... took some good-ol-fashioned jiggery-pokery to fix
de-inked
-

by 686 bus-boy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:05 am
If its the door top rubbers causing problems i sell the best aftermarket ones there is to help this! £12.95 a set inc p+p. :wink:
686 bus-boy
-