The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Cab and Cargo door seal issues

Cab and Cargo door seal issues

by g.suggy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:44 pm
I have recently bought a full seal kit from Creative Eng. All the seals seem normal apart from the Cargo and Cab seals.

They are both exactly the same in shape and look like they have been run off one big reel. The problem comes when I fit them to the van...
The seal is extremely hard and tough to manipulate unlike other Cab and Cargo seals I have seen.
When the seal is inserted into the door surround it sits below its metal side wall? i.e the door won't seal against it.

Has anyone else experienced this..??...

cheers

Greg
g.suggy

Re: Cab and Cargo door seal issues

by BigPapa » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:59 pm
I'm just in the process of trying to fit new door rubbers to the cargo door. Did you manage to get yours on and have both doors shut properly? if you did can you please tell me what the secret is :?

Cheers.
BigPapa
SSVC Member

by bobley » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:20 pm
Just in the process of replacing mine. Well I say replacing but I never got the first lot to fit properly, they were much too hard and the doors wouldn't shut. I've got some new ones from AH Schofields which are much squwidgier and do allow the door to shut. The seals on the cargo doors do sit below the lip as the edge of the metal door sticks into the reveal?

When your trying to get them to fit I advise you to take the window frame edge seals off and also the rubber cheesewedges off the door striker plates if you have them. I had alsorts of problems which were cured by removing the cheesewedges (like the doors popping open at speed!!)
bobley

by BigPapa » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:55 pm
I'm doing the side cargo doors, haven't got any cheesewedges on them. got the seals from C&C and was told across the body and down the doors, which I've done, I've also cut out sections on the door edges for the hinge bulges but one door just won't shut and i've just given up and come in, cause I've just snapped the door handle!!! :twisted:
BigPapa
SSVC Member

by Choc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:40 am
This all sounds promising, I have to purchase some cargo door seals ASAP and get them fitted.
Choc
SSVC Member