The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

windscreen repair section/a posts

windscreen repair section/a posts

by johnfraser » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:07 pm
Hello,
Upon sanding back my '64 bug I found these rather sloppy looking welds either side of the bottom edge of my windscreen. I wondered if you can buy repair sections for these without cutting into a bug? And if I did find a bug, how different are these sections from one year to the next? From the picture tells the story half way through I took this section back. As I sanded back towards either bottom corner and a little bit upwards, this was also welded.

Also, I am looking for both A posts and wondered where I could pick some good quality ones up. I am in the UK so would prefer them to come from here but its not essential. Am ordering a couple of bits from Wolfsberg West anyway so they could come from here although I can't find them. If they come in different sizes, I would prefer as tall as possible, if they fit my bug.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
John

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/j ... 091196.jpg
johnfraser

Re: windscreen repair section/a posts

by chaser » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 pm
Might be better asking on VZI or Pre67 forums John. Had a quick search and found out there is a modified bumper mount for the inner wings you have. Try Coolair.
chaser

by johnfraser » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 am
have seen those cheers steve. going to ring them about the a posts today so if theyve got those two will get it ordered. had a bit of an accident with the rear valance after you left last night. i thought id leave it out til after dinner but rushed out about 5 minutes later when it started raining, forgot to check the garage floor and pushed the bug over it. oh dear.
johnfraser

by SamCocker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:34 pm
, forgot to check the garage floor and pushed the bug over it. oh dear.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sam
SamCocker

by johnfraser » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm
now now!!

a friend has recommended veng door pillar repairs but i cant find them anywhere-searched on google and looked on a fair few sites, also ebay. anyone know where to get some?
johnfraser

by chaser » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:44 pm
chaser