The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

cab door repair

cab door repair

by strangelybrown » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:23 am
hi
my cab doors are pretty bad at the bottom,but cant find replacements,schofield has said they dont do lower repair panels now ,just outer skins
does anyone else supply complete lower repair sections?
thanks
bradders
strangelybrown

Re: cab door repair

by 686 bus-boy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:00 am
686 bus-boy

by Split-Lee » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:38 pm
I am after exactly the same parts for my cab doors! If you hear of any let me know and I will do the same :D

~Lee
Split-Lee
SSVC Member

by strangelybrown » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:39 am
hi lee
while searcin about 2day have found lower door repair sections from c+c,and klassicfab on vwheritage site,combined with outerskinn sections from these or scofield,they might do the job
you're probably ahead of me with all this,if so sorry,volksheaven has a pair of cab doors but at 300 each their out of my buget
best of luck
bradders
strangelybrown

by Split-Lee » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:36 pm
strangelybrown wrote:hi lee
while searcin about 2day have found lower door repair sections from c+c,and klassicfab on vwheritage site,combined with outerskinn sections from these or scofield,they might do the job
you're probably ahead of me with all this,if so sorry,volksheaven has a pair of cab doors but at 300 each their out of my buget
best of luck
bradders
Thanks mate, I rang C&C today and they don't make them anymore and also I phoned heritage (who stock Klassicfab panels) and they can't get me any for a few MONTHS.

Also spoke to A.H. Schofield today and they have some good second hand doors for £350 each or Status VW have some NOS doors coming in that are going to be around £650 each! :O

The repairs that Schofields do I am not sure what it exactly is so am a bit confused on whether to order or not.

~Lee
Split-Lee
SSVC Member

by niggy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:02 am
look on cool air website for repair sections for cab doors, £350 for second hand doors!! somebody out there is having a laugh & as is par for the course ripping off all VW owners trying to keep our vans on the road whilst making a vast profit for themselves,I have owned a bus for ten years & have found that more & more so called VW friendly ? company's are pushing the prices up to feather there own nests,I am getting sick of this ,I am considering getting out of VW scene for this reason, I love my bus but owning it is becoming far too expensive due to greedy people
niggy
SSVC Member

by leeco10 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm
I'm scrapping a couple of doors, one of them was quite solid at the bottom from memory, I'll have a look and post some pics. I could cut out the bits you need.
Cheers, Brian.

P.S you can still pick up doors on here for around the £100 each mark, but you do need to see them in the flesh/tin before parting with the hard earned, unlike me :clown:
Sorted now though.
leeco10

by saff » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:35 pm
Got mine off Chris at http://www.musclebus.co.uk/
saff

by strangelybrown » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 am
thanks for the replies
will look out for the pics brian,then me and lee can start bidding war!
cheers 4 that saff,will give musclebus a tinckle on mon,do you know if they keep panels in stock at all?
i'm after a lower nose panel as well ,as lee says heritage are talkin May delivery if your lucky,maybe muscle bus has closer contacts,lets hope so
thanks bradders

p.s. if its any help to others Kieft & Klok stock klassic fab inner repair panels for cab doors 'they stock the outer skins 2 but schofields are cheaper,im probably covering old ground here but it may give help to some
strangelybrown

by messer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:45 pm
Autocraft did have them but cant see on their website any more for some reason : http://www.autocrafteng.co.uk/products. ... &mnu=mnu10 worth a call??
messer

by leeco10 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:29 pm
Hi, finaly got to check the doors, one door is repairable so i wouldn't want to cut it up it's had a lower skin fitted at some point.
It's from my '61 so it has recesses for the handles, when i got the bus someone had retrofitted bay handles for some reason.no hinges £50 +p&p
The bottom of the second door is not bad, I was going to use this door, i even repaired the inner hinge panel then found the door was full of lead filler and badly warped. Not worth much mibbee £10 +p&p
Ive also got a a lower repair panel cost £30 I'd take £20 +p&p
The third door is only fit for scrap.

leeco10