The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Heater box bolts

Heater box bolts

by Red Devil » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:02 pm
Just started to strip down my engine for the first time and have only got as far as the heater boxes before reaching my first decision. The bolts which hold on the heater boxes (clutch side) to the head are rusted and with lots of spray I have been able to turn them but the whole thing is turning, ie the nut and the threaded screw part. Is it ok to just undo this and then get another thread to go back in or should I do it up again and cut off the bolt so that the threaded part remains in the head?

Thanks for any help. :D
Red Devil
SSVC Member

Re: Heater box bolts

by The Flying Scotvan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:43 pm
Just pull out the whole stud. Replcements are very cheap. You can get them at Just Kampers. You are lucky the whole thing is turning. The bolt could have sheared off leaving a stump as it did with mine...

Good luck. I striped and rebuild my first engine last month and it was a piece of cake. It is now running as sweet as a nut.
The Flying Scotvan