The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Breather box

Breather box

by jerrythegerman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:32 pm
Any tips for a decent one?

Running a 2.1 with a turbo and the crank case pressure is blowing out of the dipstick hole despite having 1/2 breathers on the rockers. a feed from the blanked off fuel pump fitting (running electric fuel pump) and all into a CSP tower breather, Even got a 1/2 pipe going to the airfilter to help drag it into the airfilter and a small breather filter to help out if needed. The engine is run in and has great compression.

Only happens at high rev's ( I know, dont rev it!!)
jerrythegerman

Re: Breather box

by paul_f » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:05 pm
You need to hook a spring from it down to the tinker screw. If you look at most racers they have to do it.
paul_f
SSVC Committee Member

by jerrythegerman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:04 pm
Good point, I do that on my coopers rally car, but its just to stop it jumping out.

It's a CB/Autolinea block so doesnt have the boss coming up from the hole that see on the original AS 41 block's, would that be a issue with the seal? It also threw me on my dipstick level as I am unsure if it now affectively is longer due to the fact it goes further down into the sump?

Any one got any measurements? I have a adjustable VDO one for temp too.
jerrythegerman

by paul_f » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:35 pm
I'd check the level by measuring the amount of oil you put in. If you are running it with a deep sump I'd run at the min point of a normal dipstick.
paul_f
SSVC Committee Member