The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

gearbox woes!

gearbox woes!

by althesparky ยป Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:09 pm
evening all

had a problem with my split yesterday and had to drive home about 10 miles in second gear! this was the best i could get as i lost 3rd and 4th, thinking it was just worn bushs i replaced them today but its still the same, after disconnecting the shift rod from the gearbox it would seem that the hockey stick is very slack although when using grips i can get every gear, i seem to remember that the hockey stick is usrally fairly firm in the nosecone but on mine there is about an inch of play left to right when its in neutral and quite a bit when its in gear, i've also started getting oil dripping from where the hockey stick enters the nosecone, my questions are... can you remove the nose cone without pulling the engine and box?
is there seals and bushs in the nosecone if so can they be replaced?
and any ideas what the problem could be? is the hockey stick being sloppy in the nosecone the problem?

sorry for all the questions but i,m supposed to be doing a wedding for a mate next weekend!

al
althesparky