The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Indicator stalk smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS ADDED!!!!

Indicator stalk smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS ADDED!!!!

by Tom1964bus » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm
when the ignition in my van is on the flasher relay is clicking like mad! which didnt effect the actual indicators, but when pulling onto the motorway with the indicator on for a while the stalk started smoking!! and the indicator wouldnt cancel! i can see there is a wire not attached ( looks to be snipped) but bare in mind my bus runs a modern square plastic 3 pin flasher relay? where should the brown wire go? and why is my relay clicking its head off!?

thanks, Tom.

My Dad got me this from work its off a CAT digger i think but is there any reason i cant fit this as a temp measure until i can afford another genuine stalk?

Tom1964bus

Re: Indicator stalk smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS ADDED!!!!

by type21f » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:05 pm
http://www.vintagebus.com/
wiring diagrams on drop down on LHS key and diagram and fuse block diagrams on wiring diagram for 1962 65 USA bus,,,

turn indicator switch item G has six wires (three split into two) giving twelve wires (or nine)!
Flasher relay item J2 has three wires

but i see mention of three wire and six wire indicators so i do not know for sure...was off to check my 64 but that is a 64RHD
type21f
SSVC Member

by Tom1964bus » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Anyone???? Getting desperate now!
Tom1964bus

by beetleseb » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:08 pm
Could be that the switch is earthing the feed from the relay. Mine did a sim thing (sem bus)

Try just running it with a simple switch to see

Seb
beetleseb