The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

tdi engine in split

tdi engine in split

by althesparky » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 pm
hi guys

the bus is having an engine transplant this winter as ive had enough of the type 4 fuel consumption! just gathering parts at the moment and need a bit of advice, ive got the engine sorted a 1z fly by wire, ive wired plenty of these up so no problems there, gearbox is going to bears to have ratio's changed etc, adaptor plate on its way from kenedy, but are unsure which radiators people are using for water cooled conversions etc and where they are being mounted and air fed to them??? i know theres a couple of tdi splits on here and would be gratefull if they could shed some light on this

alex
althesparky

Re: tdi engine in split

by derkerbusses » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:52 pm
keep it aircoooooooled :D :D :D :D :D :D
or sell and get a t5 :wink:
derkerbusses
SSVC Member

by althesparky » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:59 pm
i know what your saying! but i really love the bus but dont drive it because its so thirsty, i tdi conversion is the way forward for me
althesparky

by 13bussing » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:29 pm
13winowdeluxe has a tdi in his think it was in one of last years split screen sceene.

I'll try a dig it out later.
13bussing

by beetleseb » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:05 pm
I used to run a bay with a golf gti lump

I used a 406 v6 rad laid flat under the belly with a scoop, worked really well. check out vwkd for some ideas

Still miss doing 120mph in my van :twisted:
beetleseb