The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Blue Wire

Blue Wire

by KEVIN BOWER » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 pm
Hi everyone

Just been in the garage cleaning the inside of my van, 1966 12 volt UK split and was cleaning the metal parcel shelf just by the washer bottle, right of the steering wheel. I dont know if I have caught something whilst cleaning but I have found a blue wire with a brass female push terminal on its end around not connected to anything just hanging around. It is not an add on as it originates from the loom. The part of the loom that goes towards the indicator stalk and headlight dip switch. It comes out of the looms black protective shroud just beneath the steering column securing plate. Ive had a good look under the dash and for the life of me cant see where it might have come from.

I know the clever ones amoungst you will say, just see what not working and the wire will come from there, ive no battery on the van at the moment, dont ask why, its a second tier security thing I do.

Ive looked in all the manuels I have but there all in black and white and dont mention colour.

Is there anywhere on here that shows a detailed colour picture of the wiring in the dash

Thanks

Kevin Bower
KEVIN BOWER

Re: Blue Wire

by dsbus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:53 am
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiringt2.php

Most likely the ignition warning wiring between the red warning lamp back of the dash to the alternator/regulator
dsbus

by KEVIN BOWER » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:34 pm
[ur[im[/img][/url][/url]
dsbus wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiringt2.php

Most likely the ignition warning wiring between the red warning lamp back of the dash to the alternator/regulator

Thanks for your help, have downloaded the colour wiring diagram, fantastic

Regards

Kevin Bower
KEVIN BOWER

by DubMinx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 pm
Ditto thanks -good for me too!
DubMinx

by quillansmith » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:31 pm
Hazard switch uses a blue wire near to that area.
quillansmith