The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

no heat!!!

no heat!!!

by paneldave » Thu May 26, 2005 6:40 am
my 64 is a cali import so the heater hasnt prob been used much, the thing is when i turn the screw under my legs only cool air seems to come through!!! even after ages driving, does any one know if there might be something i`m not doin :oops: :oops: the whole bus is rust free.....
paneldave

Re: no heat!!!

by tips » Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 am
i have the oppsite problem, my heater is stuck on! :angryfire: phew!

Apparently the heating "system" is not compatable with the engine and without of lot of cash and hanging around I was told it was not worth doing.

It does get a bit hot though!

If anyone else could recommend a solution I'd be pleased to hear about it as well.
tips

by Red Devil » Thu May 26, 2005 12:17 pm
If I don't ask the stupid question then I'll never get the answer so is that what that screw thing on the drivers side just in front of the seat does, allows the heat through or not? Or am I thinking of another bit in which case what does that do. Can't find it in a manual or anything so maybe someone could post a pic with a note so I know what these bits do!!!!!

If it is that bit I presume undo allows heat through and tighten stops it?

RD :D
Red Devil
SSVC Member

by tips » Thu May 26, 2005 1:49 pm
ah! yes good question - i always thought it was the heating control - but I'm no expert.

You know how it is with this buses it could do anything!

With mine it probably drops the engine out!!

:wink:
tips

by wilgartw » Fri May 27, 2005 4:33 pm
Red Devil wrote:

this is true
wilgartw

by BaronVonKronken » Fri May 27, 2005 5:45 pm
its always better to be cold than hot.

theres only so much you can take off when your hot....

if your vans heating is stuck on, you cud always block it off at the fan.
BaronVonKronken
SSVC Member

by marmite_on_toast » Tue May 31, 2005 9:58 am
Red Devil wrote:If I don't ask the stupid question then I'll never get the answer so is that what that screw thing on the drivers side just in front of the seat does, allows the heat through or not? Or am I thinking of another bit in which case what does that do. Can't find it in a manual or anything so maybe someone could post a pic with a note so I know what these bits do!!!!!

you are correct with what you say about the handle, take a look here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/index.php
and have a look through, i think there is an on-line manual, if you can't find it, pm me and i can send you the photo, i am at work and the pic is at home!
hope this helps.
regards Marm
marmite_on_toast

by vwJim » Tue May 31, 2005 12:59 pm
tips wrote:
Apparently the heating "system" is not compatable with the engine and without of lot of cash and hanging around I was told it was not worth doing.
What sort of engine set up do you have, that gives you heat that you can't turn off? Must people complain that modified engine setups '"can't" give them heat, not the other way round...
vwJim
SSVC Committee Member

by Madds » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:18 pm
If its stuck on, you can remove the flex heater pipe from the exchangers to the through air section. Not a permenant solution by any means but gets you through thr summer.

8)
Madds

by tips » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:53 pm
vwjim wrote:
tips wrote:
What sort of engine set up do you have, that gives you heat that you can't turn off? Must people complain that modified engine setups '"can't" give them heat, not the other way round...
not sure about the answer the engine set up? Its in the boot though!

:D

rich
tips