The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Hanging cargo door cupboards and shelves for idiots...

Hanging cargo door cupboards and shelves for idiots...

by Sjtw » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:04 pm
Hi, I have a repro cargo door cupboard and fold down shelf, and before I go and screw it all up / on, was wondering if anyone has put their own on.
What did you use to fix them to the door? Are there any watch outs? Do you have any pics? I'm always nervous taking out the drill anywhere near my bus! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
these are the two bits I have...

Cheers

Steve
Sjtw
SSVC Member

Re: Hanging cargo door cupboards and shelves for idiots...

by maddison » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:45 pm
mine are just screwed threw the door card into the cupboard....just like devon did

so you screw them onto the door card then fit the door card

maddison
SSVC Member

by MarkFer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am
I thought I saw a post on here showing wooden blocks fitted within the door frame (nailed!) behind the door card?
MarkFer
SSVC Member

by Sjtw » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 am
Oh, interesting, I'll have a search.
I worry that if I screw it to my door cards, one good slam and it'll pull the door cards off. Mine are just pegged in rather than riveted. :(
Sjtw
SSVC Member

by MarkFer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:22 pm
Just remembered where I saw it, although that is Mk3 interior so possibly different to yours:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82812&hilit=flooring&start=30

MarkFer
SSVC Member

by Sjtw » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm
Thanks Mark, that looks interesting, I was talking to Kev at bu5nut who makes Devon interiors, He said, like Maddison, that they are screwed through the door card. I just need to make sure my door cards are screwed on. (They have little plastic plugs that pop into the screw holes at the moment. No way they'd take the weight of the cupboard!) :roll:
Thanks for everyone's help.

Steve
Sjtw
SSVC Member

by maddison » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:39 pm
depends whats going in the cupboard...big heavy cast iron cookers will need the wooden battons

anything like mine, which are a fair size and have cutlery, cups / saucers plates, mirrors etc...screwed through the door panel is more than upto the job
i only have 6 screws holding the bigger cupboard to the panel and its more than adequate
maddison
SSVC Member