The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

window removal advice please

window removal advice please

by splitty61 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:43 pm
hi guys
before i break any of my windows i will ask for your help
i have to remove all of the glass on my samba and i know most have said to cut the rubbers out but which way do they come out and is it best to warm the seals first to make it easier to get out and do you just got the overlap that fits to the bodywork.
all advice would be great and much appreciated too.
thanks guys
splitty61

Re: window removal advice please

by DubMinx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm
Ahem, and girls...
Inside to out, 1 person in and 1 person outside to catch. Two spoon handles or similar proper tools levered into the recess between the inner and outer window seals gradually widening the gap and pushing firmly and evenly on the glass until it gives. Didn't cut any seals (or beeak any glass) but not necessarily for the feint hearted. Taped windows too air raid style for a bit of grip/safety).
Sure they will be a more technical and proper answer but that's what us cowboys did.
DubMinx

by DubMinx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm
Ps didn't warm seals. It's always cold in the North! Cools down before you've done the bloody window. Leave the bus out in the sun for a while if you have any anymore.
DubMinx

by splitty61 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 pm
thanks for the info mate,
not looking forward to removing the skylights...lol
DubMinx wrote:Ps didn't warm seals. It's always cold in the North! Cools down before you've done the bloody window. Leave the bus out in the sun for a while if you have any anymore.
splitty61