The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

pop out window frame/glass removal advise please

pop out window frame/glass removal advise please

by splitty61 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 pm
hi guys
got all side windows and sky lights out of my bus but..........cant get the side pop out frames/glass out!!!!!
tried pushing and tried removing the rubber seals but no joy and the frames wont even open.not broken anything yet so doing pretty well hence my caution.
please help and thanks for all advice you guys have already given to me.
rob
splitty61

Re: pop out window frame/glass removal advise please

by gazpilot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:41 pm
The frames are made up of 2 L shape sections held together by a bar. The bar is held in place by 4 screws, 2 in each section ( 2 L shapes, 2 bars, 4 screws per bar). Best remove the all screws, once removed grab the long (hold the window vertically) sides of the L sections and pull away from each other.

That doesn't even make sense to me lol.

Grant
gazpilot
SSVC Member

by gazpilot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Remove screws x 4 first, the bars are inside the frame so ignore the " remove bars", then pull long section away from each other
gazpilot
SSVC Member

by splitty61 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 pm
mate,
thanks for taking the time to find the info thats very kind of you
cheers
rob

gazpilot wrote: Image

Remove screws x 4 first, the bars are inside the frame so ignore the " remove bars", then pull long section away from each other
splitty61

by DubMinx » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:57 pm
splitty61 wrote:hi guys
got all side windows and sky lights out of my bus but..........cant get the side pop out frames/glass out!!!!!
tried pushing and tried removing the rubber seals but no joy and the frames wont even open.not broken anything yet so doing pretty well hence my caution.
please help and thanks for all advice you guys have already given to me.
rob
Good work Splitty61!
Gold star for skylights.
Pop out frames just separate once you've undone one set of screws from each join hopefully!
DubMinx