The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Technical

Door Check straps and heater pipes

Door Check straps and heater pipes

by Griff55 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 pm
Hi all, today I stripped out our '65 walkthrough but found that someone has just ground off the check strap points on the A pillars. Are these available anywhere or does anybody have any ideas where to get a pair please?
Secondly, I have cut the old cab floor out ready for the new one but am unsure on how to take out heater pipes behind front panel. Do I have to cut through welds to loosen them ir is there a magical way of removing them?
Many thanks in advance.
I'll get a thread started when I can get some pics.
Griff55

Re: Door Check straps and heater pipes

by BlastingDiePast » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 am
Hello

To remove your heater pipe you do indeed have to cut the welds of then wiggle it like crazy, start with the most damaged or rotten bit normally the centre tube, cut out around the floor tube!

The rear Y section and through the floor bit are very hard to get hold of as is most of the front bits so be very gentle with them

BlastingDiePast
SSVC Member

Re: Door Check straps and heater pipes

by Griff55 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 am
Thanks mate
Griff55