The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Rides and Projects

Just got our first VW & it's a splitscreen!

Just got our first VW & it's a splitscreen!

by k9flux » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:44 am
Thought I'd write my first post after keeping an eye on the forum especially the for sale section for some time

I'm sure it's been on here but yesterday picked up our first splitscreen. A 1962 LHD - made it all of a couple of miles before the accelerator went (the throttle cable slipped out), an hour or so later it got it off the dual carriageway & tightened the grub screw, from then on was a fab drive home. I've got another classic which is very different, felt weird watching the world pass you by on the motorway

Lots of plans to personalise it (paint, trim, interior...) & just a general tidy up, so I'm sure I'll be keeping an eye on threads & asking stupid questions

k9flux

Re: Just got our first VW & it's a splitscreen!

by jackricha » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:09 pm
Nice bus, welcome to the forum.
What year is the mustang? Fastback?
jackricha
SSVC Member

by k9flux » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:40 pm
Thanks
It's a 1967 fastback 5.8 litre - looking to drop a 7 or a 7.6lt in it
Had a little one last year, dad had a t25 growing up & missus dream car, so thought we'd get one. Have to say the mustang is edge of the seat stuff but camper is a lovely cruiser

k9flux

by Doka Dave » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:54 pm
Welcome to the "journey" of splitty ownership :D
Plenty of help and support on here!
DD
Doka Dave
SSVC Member

by jackricha » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:14 pm
Sweet, that's a lovely car.
You've gone the other way to me, Split screen first, mustang next. (May have to wait 10 years though)
jackricha
SSVC Member

by k9flux » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:16 pm
Thanks, feel like I've put some blood sweat & tears into it... unfortunately it's just getting to the point it needs a strip down & repaint. Think I'm nuts taking another classic on but nothing like today's motors

Go for it! They are great fun & prices are shooting up
k9flux

by jackricha » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:44 pm
Yeah I joined the mustang club of GB, trying to learn as much as possible. A guy that brings them over from the states offered to show be around and talk me through different models etc. He's in Essex I think.
I haven't got round to it yet, don't have the ££ just yet :(
jackricha
SSVC Member

by k9flux » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:24 pm
There's loads of info around, like everything else take your time

That sounds like Peter in Braintree, if you decide to take the plunge pay him a visit - he can talk mustangs all day, show you what to look out for & couldn't give a toss if you decide not to buy anything from him + lots of other people that'll help you find a bargain

Unfortunately that's always a problem, or I'd have bought a 69 sportsroof project as well

Btw your camper is looking amazing
k9flux