The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Rides and Projects

My Roadrunner kombi

My Roadrunner kombi

by iesugrist » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:35 pm
67 model - Is in USA at the moment and gonna get nice new Mexican 1600 engine and a paintjob before being shipped here :) Paint gonna be peachish/whiteish...... getting new brakes and transaxle or something techish like that.. no lowering.. staying 'normal' ;)

Not sure what to do with interior - non-walkthrough model so I'd like some ideas of what to do with interior space wise...??

iesugrist

Re: My Roadrunner kombi

by iesugrist » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:37 pm
ps.. what is the wierd metal thing in roof of split as you can see in pic there (I'm a bay girl! :) ) ooops.. that sounds wierd.. I mean I have bays and this is my first split :)
iesugrist

by BROOKSY » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:41 pm
iesugrist wrote:ps.. what is the wierd metal thing in roof of split as you can see in pic there (I'm a bay girl! :) ) ooops.. that sounds wierd.. I mean I have bays and this is my first split :)
It the fresh air supply to the van the knob in the picture directs the air to the front or rear of the van a lever on the front turns it on and off. 8) Mike
BROOKSY

by iesugrist » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:49 pm
so if it's anythign like a bay it doesn;t work too well?!!

ta :)
iesugrist

by BROOKSY » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:56 pm
When positioned to the front it blows straight over my head and cools my left leg. When positioned to the back I dont know as I cant reach the steering wheel from the back to try it. :roll: It does give an anoying whistle though. If it worked so well why would VW fit Safari windows. Any hoo I can just open the sunroof instant coolness. :D Mike
Coming to brizzle Iesugrist
BROOKSY

by iesugrist » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:00 pm
they don't like the Welsh at Bristol so nope :lol: also planning to take one sickly bus to garage miles away so I can collect my other bay...which was sickly.... fuel leak in engine bay in petrol station! :eek:

Next show in me bays will be BVF then Vanfest (with Anglesey Aircooled).. The split not arriving for at elast 3+ months.. needs painting and stuff first :) :)
iesugrist

by JimVanDriver » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:09 am
I find you get a better airflow if you set the knob to the rear, don't know why. The best way to get fresh air in is to open your vent windows so they point in towards you. Who needs safaris?
JimVanDriver

by paul_f » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:29 am
JimVanDriver wrote:I find you get a better airflow if you set the knob to the rear, don't know why. The best way to get fresh air in is to open your vent windows so they point in towards you. Who needs safaris?
You obviously don't have them then!
paul_f
SSVC Committee Member

by JimVanDriver » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:22 pm
paul_f wrote:You obviously don't have them then!
No I don't. I'm not denying that they let more air in, just that I find the vent windows sufficient.
JimVanDriver

by JimVanDriver » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:23 pm
iesugrist,

If you haven't already done so, read jblackmores useful thread about fitting a rock and roll bed - http://www.ssvc.ukshells.co.uk/phpbb/vi ... php?t=3878.
Alternatively you can get complete diy or fitted modern interiors from Danbury, CalypsoCampers or Busgutz to name a few.
I've kept my Kombi in its original state for the time being, with just middle row of seats behind which is a general dumping ground.

JimVanDriver

by uffy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:51 pm
looks in bloody good nick for it's age issy. can't wait to see it when it's done and peach and cream looks real nice. I am surprised you havn't gone for a bluey colour. 8) we can have a race when it comes over ( if mine is done by then)
uffy

by harley » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:05 am
8) Has roadcow got much done with it yet issy?
harley

by iesugrist » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:09 pm
Did I see a rabbit???? ;)

Thanks guys..... Roadcow is in Ireland at the moment so I hope nothing has been done while he's been awol!! :lol:

Updates when he returns methinks... gotta be nice to him you know! :)
iesugrist

by iesugrist » Wed May 31, 2006 8:07 pm
and here it is just at the port about to be shipped apparantly!

timetravelling

will update you 'when' it arrives!!
iesugrist