The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Rides and Projects

The Mag wants to know about your rides too!

The Mag wants to know about your rides too!

by Chris » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:52 pm
For those who like to show off :lol: why not send a bit of a write-up and a few digital pics to magazine@ssvc.org.uk - we want to know all these details and publish in paper form too...
Chris

Re: The Mag wants to know about your rides too!

by Grant Draper » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:48 pm
Chris
Please can you help........................................... new to site and not very techno we have a new split screen 1967 bus called Rita and would like to insert some pics of her.
Regards
Grant
Grant Draper
SSVC Member

by RON SMITH » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:27 pm
Hi
Having trouble also posting pics to website for ssvc mag

Ta

Ron smith
aircooledkonnection.com
RON SMITH
SSVC Member

by Mike1973 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:09 pm
Apologies for just noticing this post... :roll:

If you've got anything interesting for the mag the details are in my sig, we are always crying out for stuff.

Cheers 8)
Mike1973
SSVC Member

by Marvelwear » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 pm
would love to post some piccies ,but my bus is covered in 1963 clothing logo'sthat were discovered when it was going to be painted ,so dont really think its up to it yet maybe when its completed this year cheers Image Image
Marvelwear
SSVC Member

by Mike1973 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:56 pm
Marvelwear wrote:would love to post some piccies ,but my bus is covered in 1963 clothing logo'sthat were discovered when it was going to be painted ,so dont really think its up to it yet maybe when its completed this year cheers]

If I found those logos on my bus I'd be chuffed to bits 8O What a discovery! They are awesome 8) 8) 8)

If you've got any more photos of them send them to me Marvel, love signwritten buses and be great to put them in the mag! They look very well done as well, quality 8)

A lot of nice mangos on the road but think with those logos yours has just become my favourite 8)
Mike1973
SSVC Member

by Marvelwear » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm
Mike1973 wrote:
Marvelwear wrote:would love to post some piccies ,but my bus is covered in 1963 clothing logo'sthat were discovered when it was going to be painted ,so dont really think its up to it yet maybe when its completed this year cheers]

If I found those logos on my bus I'd be chuffed to bits 8O What a discovery! They are awesome 8) 8) 8)

If you've got any more photos of them send them to me Marvel, love signwritten buses and be great to put them in the mag! They look very well done as well, quality 8)

A lot of nice mangos on the road but think with those logos yours has just become my favourite 8)

wow do you want to borrow some money!cheers for that ,Its hibernating still ,but will go down and turn him over before dubfreeze :clown:
Marvelwear
SSVC Member

by smiler23 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 am
Hi I can send you information on our van if you want to do a write up. Gul started in 1967 in the back of a splitty on fistral beach cornwall. the van is a 1960 double door walk through going back to the original sealing wax red. In brief I am the brand manager for Gul and have personally been attending vw shows for 14 years, setting up Gnarlyvw with burns59 in 1999 (now reborn in 2010!) this is not just another company doing a van to jump on the bandwagon, we have many enthusiasts here and this is a project based on passion. Gul as a company have owned every van model from splitscreen to T5 even an LT35! The employees also make up a good selection of personal air/watercooled VW's. We will be attending VW shows this year with our vans and trading products also..oh yes and we are members of the splitscreen van club.

Regards
Jake (smiler23)
smiler23

by scott wilson » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:20 pm
proper cornish :faroah: all hail gul...the best suit a man could get barrelled in.R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
scott wilson

by Trint Eastwood » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm
I'll send you something for sure! :cheers:
Trint Eastwood
SSVC Member

by dongkg » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:04 am
How do we do this?

thanks
dongkg

by Mike1973 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:09 pm
Drop me a pm on here, or you can find my contact details in the front of your Club Magazine ;-)
Mike1973
SSVC Member

by Doka Dave » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 pm
Mike,
as I said at VF, I should have an article for you in the next month or so on my DC and it's adventures.
When's the deadline for inclusion in the next issue?
Dave
Doka Dave
SSVC Member

by Mike1973 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:44 pm
Cheers Dave. Deadlines out of the window at the moment as our recent house move has distracted me and I've taken my eye off the ball. Latest print deadline wizzed past two weeks ago and I'm still way off finishing the mag! Should be hitting doormats in a couple of days, but it's still a good week off completion here, and then it'll take a while to print and distribute ... Hopefully I'll get it out of the door before the next issue is due out :lol:

Whenever you are ready. If you get something to me in a few days, It may make this mag, if not it'll go into the next one.
8) 8) 8)
Mike1973
SSVC Member

by Doka Dave » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:12 pm
OK mate - I should have a CD with article and pics for you at Busfest if you and Suzie are going?
Good luck to all of you with the house move :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Cheers,
Dave
:)
Doka Dave
SSVC Member