The Split Screen Van Club
You are viewing the Split Screen Van Club forum archive.
The forum archive is read-only.

Unfortunately in 2021 the Split Screen Van Club forum suffered a ransomware attack and lots of the forum data was lost.
What threads that have been recovered are now searchable on this site. Some threads may be incomplete and some images are still being recovered.

Forum archive search

Forum Archive > Rides and Projects

Anyone any ideas how can I sort the windows out

Anyone any ideas how can I sort the windows out

by Vwwales » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 pm
[ ImageHello
Anyone have any ideas how I can finish the conversion to a camper? Who has the best panels these days and is anyone breaking. I have a 66 panel van converted to a camper. I inherited the van like this and need some advice sorting it out.
The windows behind driver side are the tops of doors welded in place. The back two windows have been cutout and then plates welded back in place filling the holes. Can anyone shed some light please...

[ Image
[ Image
I have added some images

Cheers

Geraint

Sorry not figured out how to upload pictures yet.
Vwwales
SSVC Member

Re: Anyone any ideas how can I sort the windows out

by Coolerdub » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:21 am
SO whats the problem? The rear blocked up ones cut them out again? and the door tops badly done and you want it more stock looking?
I think we need more info and pics. But for a starter look at panmans thread Think I'm mad here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74184&start=255 what he did and amazing skills. I know Custom and Commercial do window surround repair panels where you just need to add a bit to make a window surround out of 2 of the ones they do. http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-s ... 5-67_2015/
Posting pictures viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92745&p=712959&hili ... es#p712959

laters

Ade
Coolerdub

by Vwwales » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:58 pm
Cheers Ade for the link, bloody hell! I think I will leave the plate windows blank as he/she has done and redo the door tops. Awesome bit of metal work top dollar.

Is there supposed to be a hole for a gas bottle behind the drivers seat? Because I have a box welded to the floor.

Regards

Geraint
Vwwales
SSVC Member

by Coolerdub » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:52 am
Vwwales wrote:

Is there supposed to be a hole for a gas bottle behind the drivers seat? Because I have a box welded to the floor.

Regards

Geraint
Hi Geraint put up a pic. it always helps, but usually a gas bottle is cargo doors side? If it was a camper once do you know which type? the more clued on here will no doubt know more on that.
RE the windows if you can weld to open those two up is not to big a job would be nicer IMHO.

Laters

Ade
Coolerdub

by BlastingDiePast » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:39 am
Hi

If your inside window panels are ok get the outers panels and just cut then reweld the areas in, but if your inner sections are rotten of damage try and find a complete section to put in as patching the window sections is just silly.
BlastingDiePast
SSVC Member